I have coached part-time since 2014 and full-time since late 2019. I am an International Coaching Federation certified coach.
My career started in 1997. Among others, I have held the roles of Head of Sales, General Manager, Group Head of Strategy and COO.
My business expertise includes:
- Strategy formulation and implementation.
- General management including organisational, system and process design.
- Leading sales; digital; research; creative studio; editorial and commercial content teams.
- Leadership development.
- Media strategies for blue-chip brands, start-ups and national issue-based campaigns
I have the following qualifications:
- B.A. with majors in Psychology, Political Studies and Industrial Sociology. University of the Witwatersrand. 1991-1994.
- M.A. in Industrial Sociology (awarded with distinction). University of the Witwatersrand. 1994-1996.
- Advanced Management Programme in Media and Entertainment at IESE Business School (2017-18).
- My coaching qualification is the Professional Coaching Certification from the Centre for Coaching at UCT’s Graduate School of Business (2013-15). It is accredited by New Ventures West (San Francisco).
Here is a little more about me, I
- … thrive on partnering with my clients to enable action that creates richer, happier and more fulfilled lives;
- … have more than 20 years’ experience in formulating and implementing strategy through creating culture, leading people and designing systems and processes;
- … have held the roles of Head of Sales, General Manager, Group Head of Strategy and Chief Operating Officer (of a >350 person, ZAR bn revenue business);
- … work comfortably with different types of people. In my career I have worked with researchers, creatives, accountants, on-air talent, lawyers, developers, designers, regulators, musicians, journalists, institutional and private equity investors;
- … regularly work with pro bono clients. I am inspired by working with people who want to build a better world;
- … enjoy art, yoga, food and all things creative;
- … live and work in Cape Town, one of the world’s most beautiful cities; and
- … love travelling the globe to work with clients.